Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Holly is home!


Miss Holly has been home about two hours now, and I am pleased to report she is on my lap, while I write on the computer, purring softly. Her purr isn't back to where it was, but it's a purr. I can feel her heart against my jeans, and it is the nicest thing in the world.

She has had a rough couple of days. She apparently is a klutz like her "mother" and sprained her back leg and tail when she fell off some piece of furniture. It was so painful, she apparently stopped with making number 2 in her box. That backed up over the one day she didn't go, and made her sick as well. She had actually been using her box, but only a bit was getting out. When they X-rayed her they found the blockage. Don't ask me how they got it out, I assume cat strength prune juice?


Holly was a rescue cat from Mercer County. She was due to be put down, and was rescued by an agency that rescues cats. She was rescued on Christmas Eve, hence the name "Holly".


Shortly thereafter, she had 6 kittens. Two were white with black patches, one was white with grey patches, one was a grey tabby, and 2 looked like Holly.  Their names were, Kringle, Joy, Noel, Merry, Vixen, and Feliz.
 
That Holly is such a smart girl....

All kittens were adopted, but Holly stayed at this foster mother's house in Trenton for 2 years because she was considered unadoptable.


I adopted Holly about 5 weeks after the death of my former cat at the ripe old age of 17. She has been a delight, and I don't think I could have gotten over the loss of my marriage if it wasn't for this cat. She truly is a miracle in fur to me.

She is doped up from surgery, and I was told to keep an eye on her until the anesthesia cause she is a bit woozy.

I am overwhelmed by the love and support from my readers. It was touching. I just want everyone to know she is going to be OK and thank you so much for caring about one cat- who is my best friend.

Love,


Susan

Back to mental health issues tomorrow.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Phew. That's a big, fat PHEW! I just got home from work and the first thing I did was check to see how Holly was. Phew.

My ex-husband had a cat, a long haired tabby named Peaches. His cat. She and I took a shine to one another. He was an abusive man and one day he had me down on the bed and was beating on me. The next thing I knew that nine-pound cat had jumped up on the bed, BIT her owner's arm and then disappeared under the bed! He was so stunned he came to his senses and stopped hitting me.

I was so amazed at the courage of that cat. He could have killed her but she took action anyway.

So yeah, cats are pretty neat critters.

I'm so glad she's home and even more glad it's nothing that's going to be chronic once she recovers.

Hot d*mn. This is a great way to wrap up the day.

Monica Cassani said...

so wonderful...I bet it's never been quite so delightful having her on your lap!!

kw said...

Oh, this so makes my day! I stopped by your other blog earlier and was confused, thinking you'd changed the name! I get it now, I think!

I just picked up the ashes of Hello Newman. They did a lovely job, with his name engraved on a brass plaque on the lid.

I am glad to hear your happy Holly news. I'm also very impressed with Peaches. We are blessed by the presence of our furry friends.

Anonymous said...

So glad your favorite kitty is home.

I didn't know the story about Holly being a Christmas cat. I love a good ecumenical story :-)

Border Life said...

How wonderful she is home!

Ana said...

:)
I'm very happy!

soulful sepulcher said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nathan Hawks said...

Great Christmas story - and I agree with sherry, that's a spreadin' ole' kitty.

Glad you're reunited.

KC and the Giggleman Kitties said...

We's sending lots of industrial-strength purrs fur Miss Holly to feel much, much better.
Love & Purrs,
KC

Kaz's Cats said...

That's great news about Holly - we just read her story on the Cat Blogosphere, and came over here. Just to be sure, we'll keep purring and purraying for her to make a complete recovery, 'cos any surgery can be a big deal to a little kitty...

{{kitty hugs}}

Gypsy & Tasha

Artsy Catsy said...

We heard about Holly on the Cat Blogosphere and came right over to give our support. My sis and I live together and our houseful of rescued kitties are our best friends, so we know how you feel. Purrs to you, Holly!

Hugs,
Sharolyn, Suzanne
& the Artsy Catsy cats

Moki The Wobbly Cat said...

We are so glad to hear that Holly is ok. We love when stories have happy endings!

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Glad Holly is back home, we always say da best place is home.

Karen Jo said...

I am so glad that Holly is back home again and feeling better. I hope that she makes a full recovery very soon. I loved the story about her rescue and how you came to adopt her.

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

We juss read da noos ofur at dee Blogosphere bout Miss Holly, and we is glad she is home and doin sooo much better. Her purranator will be back to normal furry soon!

Purrs
Abby

The Island Cats said...

We just read about Holly and how she is doing better. We hope she continues to improve. That's a great story about how you adopted her and how she has helped you in your life...

Cafe Cats said...

We just read Holly's Story over at the CatBlogosphere and wanted to come tell you how glad that she's back with you. We'll be purring that she's all better soon.

Chrissie said...

Yay, Holly! So glad to know she's on the mend.

Robyn and The (Mostly) Badass Cat said...

Yay Holly! Glad to hear you're on the mend :) We'll keep purring for you til your purrer is back to normal!
Purrrrrrrrrs,
Alla The Hotties

Samantha & Mom said...

We are so glad Holly is home and recovering!!! We will purrr for her until she is 100%!! Purrrrs, purrrs and lots of healing purrrs!
Your FL furiends,

Related Posts with Thumbnails