Thursday, July 9, 2009

My First Meme



I was tagged by the the amazing Bitter Animator for this alphabet meme. Here goes!

A – Age: It's not nice to ask a lady her age. 40 something. Dunno. Birthday coming up.


B – Bed Size: Full size. Large enough for the cat and i to slumber, and her favorite stuffed animal as well.


C – Chore you hate: Housework. I am the antithesis of Martha Stewart


D – Dog’s name: I don't have a dog, but if I did his name would be "Barkis", as in 'Barkis is willing".


E – Essential start your day item: Ice tea or Diet Coke with lots of ice.


F – Favorite colour: Right now, orange or yellow.


G – Gold or Silver: Silver. .


H – Height: 5' 0""


I – Instruments you play(ed): Clarinet, Alto Clarinet (think of the clarinet in the movie "Heaven Can Wait") and Soprano Clarinet.


J – Job title: Unemployed.


K – Kid(s): None


L – Living arrangements: A one bedroom apartment.


M – Mom’s name: Mom.


N – Nicknames: Oh gosh. In Jr. High I was called "Georgette". From a character in the old Mary Tyler Moore Show. No nicknames since.

O – Overnight hospital stay other than birth: Tonsils removed at 4 years of age. Tonsils removed again in 7th grade. (They grew back). Wisdom teeth removed in 8th grade. Lyme's disease at 22. Pneumonia last year. Adverse reaction to Haldol last year as well which almost killed me ( I did flat line).


P – Pet Peeve: New Jersey drivers on the Parkway and Turnpike.

Q – Quote from a movie: "I'm sorry Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that". "Insanity runs in my family. It practically gallops."


R – Right or left handed: Right.


S – Sports: Baseball couch potato.


T – Time you wake up: 8 am


U- Underwear: Umm, Victoria Secret from when I worked, some plain stuff from Target.


V – Vegetable you dislike: Brussel Sprouts.


W – Ways you run late: From NJ drivers on the road and looky loos driving to slow. Man, I hate driving.


X – X-rays you’ve had: One for my wrist when I broke it. Several MRI's of my brain, CAT scans, and what not. Oh yeah, my teeth.

Y – Yummy food you make: Spaghetti with meat sauce.


Z – Zoo favorite: Pandas, Polar bears, tigers. No line in the ladies room.

Now the hard part. I have to tag a few people. So I tag, Gianna, Stephany, Ana, and Mark. Or if you liked this meme and I didn't tag you, consider your self tagged and place it on your blog.

25 comments:

Immi said...

Yay! Another Brussels Sprouts hater! hehehe
I love the LOLcat :)
*hugs*

soulful sepulcher said...

ha ha wow this is a long one! I'll pick a few here

A. 49 1/2!
B. Queen
C. All chores
D. Guess lol
E. perfume
F. purple
G. I like gold, but white gold that looks like silver
H. 5' 8" but I like to say 5' 10" because it feels good and hey I wear shoes so it's true lol
Q. "you have a freak flag you just don't fly it"--family stone movie
X. mammogram

soulful sepulcher said...

thanks Susan!

Pyrs said...

Why'd you have your cat scanned?

susan said...

@Immi! No Brussels Sprouts!

@Stephany, I like yours. I wish I was tall!

@Pyrs-my brain was scanned, not my cat!

Bitter Animator said...

I'm curious to know more about the tonsil incident. They didn't really grow back, right? Did they? You could be some sort of medical wonder who regenerates after any trauma. You could grow back your arms. Maybe even a head. You know, if your tonsils did actually grow back.

susan said...

Bitter, I am sorry to disappoint, but when a child is 3 or 4 and they get their tonsils out, sometimes they leave a few cells behind, which grow back because the tonsils are considered immature.

But yes, they really did grow back and yes, i got to eat ice cream (my favorite food) twice.

Monica Cassani said...

hi, susan...

I LOVE brussels sprouts! but Immi...it seems to me there are more haters!

I made a cream of brussel and spinach soup the other day---the recipe is actually on my blog...ha!

I'm not good about doing memes...but I may this time because I'm in a slump as far as coming up with stuff...

thanks for thinking of me and for your fun list.

susan said...

No problem Gianna.

You are the first person I have met who likes Brussel Sprouts.!!!!!!!

Ana said...

You tagged me!
I'll do it later. Time of sleeping is totally out of control.
:)

soulful sepulcher said...

I like brussel sprouts if they are fresh and steamed, not over-cooked and stinky!

Monica Cassani said...

fresh and steamed then quickly browned in butter, garlic and red pepper flakes...

to die for!!

you gotta try it stephany!!

Anonymous said...

Favourite Yorkshireman?

Monica Cassani said...

favorite yorkshireman?? what is that about??

my husband is a yorkshireman...I guess that makes him my favorite yorkshireman...

did I miss something?

susan said...

Gianna, Paul is a Yorkshireman? Hmm. No my best male friend in the world is from Yorkshire. He's the guy who showed me a Tardis booth!

Anonymous said...

M – Mom’s name: Mom.

LOL saw that coming!! LOL it would have been my answer too..

Mark p.s.2 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
soulful sepulcher said...

The brussel sprouts remind me of my other favorite steamed veggie, is asparagus with melted butter and garlic, and choppped shallots!

Monica Cassani said...

mmmm...yummy...that sounds killer! (the asparagus)

susan said...

I love asparagus too!

soulful sepulcher said...

MMM and how about asparagus smothered in hollandaise!?

susan said...

Oh yum. Stephany, the ex made that divine!

soulful sepulcher said...

I LOVE eggs benedict, it's a regular favorite here! I think I would eat anything with hollandaise sauce on it.

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan,

I just recently found your blog, and I really like it. I just wanted to introduce myself and let you know that I'm looking forward to reading more about you! And if you care to do so, take a look at my blog (I think they're similar in topic). I hope all is well!

NOS

susan said...

@Stephany, I have never had eggs benedict but will on your advice the next time I am at a diner.

@Nos, nice to meet you! Thank you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails