Friday, April 30, 2010

Equilibrium

Right now, I am quiet. Grounded. At peace. All is right with the world, and I feel at one with the universe. At least until the fuzz ball wakes up from her nap and demands her supper. But right now all is as it should be.

My father is home, resting. He is as fragile as a day old colt. Which makes me wonder because he is looking forward to watching the Kentucky Derby tomorrow. My dad and horses. Before he met my mother, he owned part of a race horse with several other army buddies. It didn't last very long, one summer, it ate up too much of their money, they wanted that money to spend on cars and girls. Ah, times may change, but young men's desires never do. Cars and women. Gotta love men. My dad never looked at the women, he just loved the cars and the baseball. The only woman he ever fell in love with was my mom.

My brain is fried. Fried , too much going on, sensory overload. I don't know what it's like for others, for me, I am just exhausted. I feel like I could sleep for a thousand years. Too tired to write, too tired to read. The last two or three days I have become addicted to Twitter. I will be there for the next day or so till I  get fully back on track- back with my med cocktail, and my family. Please join me, the hyperlink is on the side bar. I look forward to your tweets- as does Holly. Cats need tweets too.

11 comments:

soulful sepulcher said...

You've left the site meter open...you may want to change the settings....

susan said...

Thanks! I don't know how to change that. But I do have another stat counter which is hidden. That one seems to be more reliable.

I like your new Avatar. Very pretty.

Riayn said...

So glad to hear that your dad is home. I hope that he grows stronger by the day.

David A Stein said...

Oh twitter. When I first found you it sucked up way too much of my time. Be careful is all I can say :)

I am happy to hear your dad is home and awaiting the Kentucky Derby, as Riayn said he will definitely grow stronger as the days pass.

And I am going to be testing your theory about all great writers having cats, as I will be adopting a cat in August when I move to my new apartment.

Dave.

susan said...

@Riayn, thank you. I will show him the blog in a few days I think when he's feeling a bit better.

@David, I am so glad you are getting a cat. Best cats come from the shelter. IT will be a best friend for their entire life. And a MUSE as well.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your Dad is home. I hope he gets stronger each day.

I don't Tweet...I don't even know how to text. I'm just a little behind the times.

Please take care.

Anonymous said...

I hope your father continues to gather strength. He (and you) are in my thoughts.

Wishing you and your father well,
NOS

Syd said...

So glad that your dad is doing well. I have loved horses for years and also owned a retired track horse that I showed. He was a wonderful animal.

Anonymous said...

Please pass on my best wishes to your dad, not only am I glad that he is home and OK but also that you are too. Lovely moon tonight !

You know who. xxx

susan said...

Yes there is a lovely moon. Check out my new wallpaper on Twitter. It's all about the moon.

roxanne s. sukhan said...

Best wishes to your father, for his recovery. And peace to you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails