Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Holden Caulfield and Thomas Chatterton

Thoughts from a fevered brain:

Holden Caulfield- Don't ever tell anyone anything. If you do, you start to miss everybody

Isn't it strange that by dying Thomas Chatterton started the whole Romantic movement, yet as he lay dying from poison, he had a change of heart and wanted to live? And after Goethe wrote "Werner", and French girls were drowning themselves in the Seine in record numbers- the Paris coroner could tell which girls had a change of heart by how messed up their finger nails were?



I popped a sleeping pill and slept for almost 30 minutes. I won't be able to sleep tonight come hell or high water. I called the p-doc. She will get back to me in the morning.

I am going to lie back down in bed, turn on the radio and hopefully the voices of the mermaids singing I hear will go away lest I drown.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails