Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Solidarity with PIPA

Today Wikipedia closed down. Google has a black box over it.  Even my darling LOL Cats are with it. 


As a writer and blogger I have to agree with them. I had a post for today, but I am not putting it up. Instead, I am going to leave you all with some links from the Cheezeburger Network and their wonderful cats. From the Cheezeburger Network site:
PIPA is a poorly envisioned Senate copyright enforcement bill that will censor our Internet and kill jobs in the rapidly growing Internet industry. This bill (and its House counterpart, SOPA) were designed by lobbyists and are being sped through Congress with virtually no debate. Almost every Internet company has strongly come out against PIPA.
Why does this matter to me?
These bills threatens sites like Cheezburger, Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, and any others that rely on user participation. It will allow the government to censor sites and force companies to monitor your email and restrict websites that post or link to infringing content.
What can I do?
Call your Senator today and tell them to vote against PIPA. We have provided a list of phone numbers for each state below.


Information on PIPA and SOFA can be found here, with a list of Senators to call/write to. 


To understand more about PIPA and SOFA please read this article by Consumer Reports. I think it's the most fair one written. 



2 comments:

Feminist Voice with Disabilities said...

I posted a similar thing in my blog on the 18th in solidarity with the other websites doing it and blacking out their pages. I am glad you are highlighting this issue on your blog, Susan. I hope you are doing well.

Feminist Voice with Disabilities said...

I posted a similar thing in my blog on the 18th in solidarity with the other websites doing it and blacking out their pages. I am glad you are highlighting this issue on your blog, Susan. I hope you are doing well.

Related Posts with Thumbnails